The Maryland State Police conducts Administrative Trial Boards in accordance with the Maryland Public Safety Code 3-107 (Law Enforcement Officer's Bill of Rights) for alleged violations that occurred before July 1, 2022. For alleged violations that occur after July 1, 2022, the Maryland State Police will conduct Administrative Trial Boards in accordance with Maryland Public Safety Code 3-101.
Administrative trials are conducted at the request of the trooper who exercises their rights granted under the above listed Codes. Maryland law allows the Superintendent to close a trial board to the public's view if there is “good cause, including to protect a confidential informant, an undercover trooper, or a child witness" (Section 3-107 (e)(II) of the Maryland Public Safety Article). Administrative trials are held at 1201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, Maryland 21208, for alleged violations occurring before July 1, 2022 and will be held in the county of occurrence for alleged violations occurring on or after July 1, 2022.
These rules are to be followed for visitors inside the trial room:
1. Respond to the Executive Building (Building “F") and announce your intention to view the trial board and present a valid identification card;
2. All weapons to include firearms and other contraband are prohibited;
3. All electronic devices inside the trial room shall remain off, and no electronic device may be used to receive, transmit, or record sound, visual image, data, or other information;
4. No food or beverages are allowed in the trial room;
5. Visitors cannot interrupt the proceedings or they will be removed from the trial room;
6. Visitors will be required to wait for a recess or stoppage of the trial before entering or exiting the trial room;
7. During deliberations and/or recesses visitors will either have to remain in the trial room the entire time or be escorted outside of the building.;
8. Smoking is not permitted in the building;
9. Seating will be determined on a first come, first served basis; and
10. Visitors that do not comply with these rules are subject to removal.
Individuals interested in attending an administrative trial should contact Lieutenant Jeff Ferreira, Commander of the Administrative Hearing Section, (Jeffrey.email@example.com or 410-653-6641).
Below are trials that are scheduled within the next twenty days. If you plan to attend a trial board, please check this website daily after 5pm to confirm it is still scheduled. An administrative trial may be postponed or cancelled if the matter is resolved prior to the scheduled hearing date.
|Sgt. Wing Tong||1201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208||October 10-11, 2023||9 a.m.|