Lt. Kimberly Smith
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
The Facilities Management Division is responsible for maintenance and renovations of the Department’s facilities throughout Maryland plus the Trooper 5 hanger in West Virginia. The duties of this division also include facility inspections and managing the energy conservation, water conservation and recycling programs. The Facilities Management Division has processed in excess of 3,000 work requests in fiscal year 2016. The Division has committed over $500,000 to upgrade facilities and equipment throughout Maryland State Police facilities.
Key Division Accomplishments During FY 2016:
- Completed the renovations of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division building at Headquarters in Pikesville. This included the installation of a state-of-the-art heating and cooling system, LED lighting and an elevator upgrade.
- Reopened Annapolis Barracks in Anne Arundel Co.
- Began construction of the new Tactical Services garage facility in Jessup to house equipment and vehicles for the Special Operations Division and the Office of the State Fire Marshal
- Completed a statewide upgrade to barrack security cameras
- Installed a new heating and air conditioning system at the McHenry Barracks
- Completed an electrical distribution system and emergency generator project at Maryland State Police Headquarters in Pikesville
- Completed an above-ground fueling site at Rockville Barracks in Montgomery Co.
- Provided capital project planning and coordination with the Department of Budget and Management and the Department of General Services on the planned construction of the new Cumberland Barracks
It is the mission of the Facilities Management Division to provide professional and quality maintenance support in an efficient, economical, and prioritized manner for all MSP owned and leased buildings, utilities and grounds to ensure the safety and comfort of its inhabitants and visitors. It is also the mission of Facilities Management Division to ensure the planning, design, engineering, construction, leasing and operation of all new and renovated MSP facilities and structures meet the needs, standards and requirements of the MSP as well as State and Federal regulatory agencies.
*Attention* - Small and Minority Business Owners.
Facilities Management Division is continually seeking Small and Minority Business Contractors to make repairs which cannot be made by MSP personnel. Owners/contractors should feel free to forward their company information, what jobs they are capable of handling and what areas they are willing to work, to our email at
The procurement of all supplies and services for Facilities Management Division occur through the MSP Quartermaster Division. For bid opportunities refer to the following links for further information.
State of Maryland Procurement Links