Intern Position Information
INTERN POSITION INFORMATION
Maryland State Police Internship Program is a non-paid mentorship initiative that provides an introductory opportunity to students interested in learning about the administrative and operational functions of our agency. It helps give students direction on what career path they may want to pursue both in the civilian and sworn field.
Our program has been designed to provide some flexibility to meet high school, college or graduate academic needs by offering practical and technical opportunities throughout our Department's four bureaus: the Office of the Superintendent, the Field Operations Bureau, the Criminal Investigations Bureau, and the Support Services Bureau. All students interested in interning with Maryland State Police are required to complete an application
Request Form - MSP Student Intern and Volunteers in Police Support Programs. Submissions are accepted during the semesters below and do not guarantee placement.
This program is designed to meet both the academic and career objectives of students while providing useful administrative and operational support services to the Maryland State Police. The goals of the Student Intern Program are as follows:
- To provide students the opportunity to become familiar with police operations and better understand, through direct experience and training, the complexities of the criminal justice system.
- To foster students' interest in law enforcement careers.
- To assist students interested in pursuing a law enforcement career with the Maryland State Police or other law enforcement agencies prepare for the police officer application process.
- To enable high school, college and graduate school students to earn course credits and gain valuable career-related experience through meaningful and appropriate volunteer work.
- To offer high school students the opportunity to earn community service credits toward graduation.
- To encourage and support a culture of community service among young people and build a foundation of commitment to volunteering.
- Must be at least 16 years old and must be attending or be a recent graduate from a high school, college or graduate school.
- Must obtain a letter from their educational institution requesting to participate in the internship program before the intern completes an application.
- Must be of excellent moral character.
- Must have a Motor Vehicle Administration Record without serious offenses.
- Must not have criminal convictions of any kind.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing assigned duties.
Please complete the
Request Form - MSP Student Intern and Volunteers in Police Support Programs.
Submissions are accepted during the semesters below and do not guarantee placement.
Fall: May 15th- June 15th
Spring: Oct. 15th- Nov. 16th
Summer: March 1st- March 31st
For more information about the internship programs click on the
Field Operations Bureau,
Criminal Investigation Bureau,
Support Services Bureau the
Office of the Superintendent links. For a description of available internships for Summer 2021, click
Andrennae Speaks, Volunteer Coordinator
Maryland State Police
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, Md., 21208
Phone Number: 410-653-4351